Privacy StatementFor the purposes of compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations the Orchestra has adopted the following privacy statement:
- The names, instruments and email addresses (and/or home addresses and telephone numbers) of all regular and casual members of the Orchestra are stored on an electronic data base for the sole use of communications about concerts, rehearsals and the dissemination of local musical events of potential interest to members.
- In addition, the names and email addresses of individuals who have signed up to receive email information about concerts is also stored electronically.
- Data is stored on a secure computer with access only by the Secretary and Leader of the Orchestra.
- Data is never shared with any third party.
- Individuals have the right to request a copy of any information we store on them.
- An individual’s personal data will be removed from these records at their written request.
- From time to time the names of members of the Orchestra are included in the Orchestra’s concert programmes.
- Membership of this community orchestra is open to all (subject to availability of places and appropriate musical standard). Membership involves an annual modest subscription.